1. How would you describe your relationship to your parents? What are some challenges that you currently face when it comes to “honoring” them?
2. For better or for worse, in what ways has your parents shaped you to be the person you are today? What are some characteristics/aspects of your life that can be traced back to your upbringing?
3. In this stage of life, what are some practical ways you can “honor” your parents?
4. Why is it helpful to know that honoring doesn’t necessarily mean “trusting, loving, or admiring”?
5. How do you think the Gospel applies to your relationship with your parents? In what ways is the work of Christ applicable to your situation? What difference would it make if you applied the Gospel to your situation?