“They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they thrive in all they do.” (Psalm 1:3)
‘thrīv: “to progress toward or realize a goal despite or because of circumstances” (Merriam-Webster.com)
“Thrive Youth Ministry exists to bring students to Jesus, deepen relationships within the body of Christ, nurture growth in faith, so that they might become life-long followers of Jesus in the church and the world.”
What Happens in Thrive?
Thrive meets on the first and third Sunday shortly after the worship service. Students are encouraged to grab a snack from the refreshment table, say hi, hang out with a few people, and then head back into the music room by 11:45am.
What happens when Thrive meets? We are studying the Bible and it’s glorious truth, playing games, enjoying snacks, and doing fellowship and prayer. We wrap things up by 12:45pm.
Parents and families are encouraged to go grab lunch, run an errand, or just hang around and get to know people better. Thrive students can bridge the hunger gap until lunch by grabbing a snack before we get rolling. Visitors in grades 6-12 are welcome to jump in and join us any Sunday.
As we grow we look forward to more activities and opportunities to work out what it means to be agents of Gospel salt and light in the world around us.
- Gospel Immersed — The gospel of Jesus Christ is the fuel for change.
- Part of the Church — not a separate entity, but a small group of disciples (students) within the larger body of Christ.
- Parent-Directed — seeing parents as the main disciple-makers of their own children, Thrive assists and supports their God-given role.
- Age-Appropriate — with curriculum, activities, and relationships that match the unique needs of those in their 2nd decade of life.
- Embraces All Students — regardless of family or background, all Middle or High school students are welcome.
- Safe Zone — no person should feel threatened by the environment or any other individuals.