‘thrīv: "to progress toward or realize a goal despite or because of circumstances" (Merriam-Webster.com)
Our youth ministry aims to minister to students from 6th-12th grade so that they might be increasingly captivated and transformed by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. The mission statement of Thrive is as follows:
“Thrive exists to bring students to Jesus, deepen relationships within the body of Christ, nurture growth in faith, so that they might become life-long followers of Jesus in the church and the world.”
“They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they thrive in all they do.” (Psalm 1:3)
- Gospel Immersed — The gospel of Jesus Christ is the fuel for change.
- Part of the Church — not a separate entity, but a small group of disciples (students) within the larger body of Christ.
- Parent-Directed — seeing parents as the main disciple-makers of their own children, Thrive assists and supports their God-given role.
- Age-Appropriate — with curriculum, activities, and relationships that match the unique needs of those in their 2nd decade of life.
- Embraces All Students — regardless of family or background, all Middle or High school students are welcome.
- Safe Zone — no person should feel threatened by the environment or any other individuals.
What Happens in Thrive?
Weekly — Thrive meets every Sunday shortly after the worship service. Students are encouraged to grab a snack from the refreshment table, say hi, hang out with a few people, and then head back into the school building at room 26 by 11:45am.
What happens when Thrive meets? We are studying the Bible and it’s glorious truth, playing games, enjoying snacks, and doing fellowship and prayer. We wrap things up by 1:15pm.
Parents and families are encouraged to go grab lunch, run an errand, or just hang around and get to know people better. Thrive students can bridge the hunger gap until lunch by grabbing a snack before we get rolling. Visitors in grades 6-12 are welcome to jump in and join us any Sunday.
- Monthly — The last Sunday of each month our church eats lunch all together over at the park next door. We call this a “Meet and Greet”. Thrive takes a week off on these days so students can enjoy lunch with our church family.
- Other Stuff — As we grow we look forward to more activities and opportunities to work out what it means to be agents of Gospel salt and light in the world around us.