Have you ever wanted an opportunity to apply the verse where Jesus says, “For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me…” Most likely you’ve wanted to but haven’t found the right opportunity.
Providing Homeless Care Packages is a great way to serve! It can be done at your convenience, it has a flexible schedule, and has various levels of involvement. Also, it meets an important need in our community. The Register reports a 20% increase in homelessness in Orange County in the last two years. There are 26,000 children in OC who are housing insecure. At 5.2%, OC has more students facing insecure housing than the statewide average.
You can help by doing one of three things:
- Buy or bring items used in the Homeless Care Packages.
Use this link for our Care Package registry: https://www.myregistry.com/public/newlifeirvinecarepackages. Items can be purchased and shipped directly to the Tustin address or shipped to your home and brought on Sundays. Also, you can purchase items directly at a store and bring them on Sunday. Please be sure to update myregistry.com by following the steps after purchase so others will know the item has been selected.
Two blue bins will be set out at church each Sunday. One will be for any Care Package items you bring and the other will be for any clean clothes or new/used Bibles you want to donate which will be passed out (Men’s clothes needed the most).
- Participate in a Packing Party.
Packing Parties are get-togethers where you can help assemble all of the items collected up to that point and get them ready to distribute in one-gallon sized ziploc bags. This is also an opportunity to pray for the community and for the homeless and housing insecure. You can do this as an individual, family, or small group. If you would like to host a Packing Party as a group or hold one as a family, please see contact details below.
- Help distribute the Packages to the most needy men, women, and children in Santa Ana.
You can help distribute the Packages on the weekend as a group while we also serve a small meal and pass out the donated clothes we have collected at church. This is a meaningful opportunity to share the love of Jesus with someone, encourage them, or even start a friendship. To RSVP for a Care Package outreach to Santa Ana please see the Church Community Builder monthly calendar.
For more information please contact Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org or (714) 642-5295.
Our Recovery and Rehabilitation Outreach meets Saturday once a month at 9:30am.
This mercy ministry is a multi-church activity that occurs at a therapeutic residential center in Santa Ana. About 4-8 volunteers come together to provide a “Christian religious worship meeting” for the diverse residents of a secured recovery center who are going through a period of emotional, mental, and substance recovery. We sing Christian worship songs together, listen to a brief sharing from the Word, and pass out snacks while we socialize and pray with the residents. (The center is privately and county funded and not religious.) It is truly a wonderful opportunity to share the love of Jesus with those who need it most.
“The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to captives and freedom to prisoners.” – Jesus quoting from Isaiah 61:1
Summary of the Event:
- When: Saturday once a month at 9:30-11am (see announcements and Church Community Builder event page)
- Where: Therapeutic residential center in Santa Ana
- Ways to Serve: Most of all, by just coming, you encourage people who are on the road to recovery by showing you care. But other opportunities include leading worship, backing up worship with any instrument, singing, bringing a very small snack or drinks for about 30 residents, give a short sharing from the Word. Please let us know if you’d like to sign up for one of these.
- Volunteers: 4-8. But the more volunteers who come, the more opportunities we have to expand to other units in need.
- Contacts: For more information, contact Kheng Ang, email@example.com or Paul Chung, firstname.lastname@example.org, 714.642.5295
Please join us as New Life Irvine hosts “Breakfast at the Crossing” a ministry to the homeless in collaboration with the Crossing Church in Costa Mesa the third Saturday every other month.
Click here to see a video:
We will be serving those experiencing a season of homelessness. There are many ways to serve during this event; but come mainly prepared to help serve the food AND to listen, pray and share Jesus with the guests who will be coming.
“If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday.” – Isaiah 58:10
Summary of the Event:
- Date: Third Saturday every other month (July 16, Sep 17, Nov 19, …)
- Time: 7:15AM (sharp) till 9:30AM (ish)
- Location: The Crossing Church, 2115 Newport Blvd, Costa Mesa, 92627
- Responsibilities: Setup Tables, Prepare Food, Serve Food, Help Clean Up (trash, dishes, etc)
- Volunteers: All are welcome. With more, it makes it easier for people to mingle and sit with others, pray and share the good news.
- Food: If you would like to help purchase food Friday night from Costco (a major help) please contact Paul Chung
- Contacts: Mike Carpenter, email@example.com, 949.791.7569; Paul Chung, firstname.lastname@example.org, 714.642.5295
- Safe for children?: It is safe to bring children but parents should use discretion when considering the context of the ministry opportunity.