Vision and Values
“We exist to see lives defined, transformed, and empowered by the Gospel of Jesus Christ so that the kingdom of God may expand in Irvine, greater Orange County, and the world.”
- We are most passionate about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, because the Gospel impacts everything.
- You never graduate from the Gospel; you only grow deeper into the Gospel.
- Transformation and growth occur when you increasingly believe that Jesus + Nothing= Everything.
- We believe the Gospel serves as fuel in the furnace of worship. The more you understand it, believe it, and rely on it, the deeper and more passionate your worship will be.
- The entire worship is designed to communicate the Gospel story that shapes it.
- The Gospel creates a true, authentic community of saints who are deeply loved, fully accepted, immensely valued, and gloriously empowered to serve one another.
- It does not promote spiritual superiority, but cultivates profound humility, believing that the power of Christ is manifested supremely in our weaknesses.
- The Gospel fuels a love that transcends ethnic, social boundaries and causes us to forsake our comfort zones for the sake of those who are in need.
- It is a love that is passionate but not arrogant, faithful yet gentle.
- Such witness understands that “Evangelism is just one beggar telling another beggar where to find bread.”
- We want to reflect the diverse demographics of our community, believing that the Gospel has the power to unite people across ethnic, social, and cultural boundaries.
- We celebrate the gospel in all of its historical richness and depth.
- It gives us a unique advantage to address the deep needs of a culture that cannot be answered by temporary fads and superficial answers.
- We are part of a national denomination (Presbyterian Church in America) with historic roots in classic biblical Christianity.
- We are part of an association of like-minded churches (New Life Mission Association) that is committed to church-planting and over-seas missions.